Sunday, May 4, 2008

Girls' Night Out

Last night two gorgeous single staff members invited me out on a girls night out. When the plans were first made I was kind of expecting dinner and a movie, but these girls are party girls and had other ideas. Sharon was busy at the 'sensing murder' show that's visiting Perth at the moment so Heidi and I headed off on our own, first stop the Grapevine Bar in Northbridge. It was a great start to the night and, for me, actually provided the highlight of the night. It was my turn to buy the round of drinks and as I was waiting at the bar a highly inebriated guy comes up and starts chatting, telling me that he was here from Melbourne, on his way to Darwin, and that I was in fact an amazingly beautiful woman, he really couldn't believe it. At this stage I was nearly rolling on the floor, but to be honest also slightly flattered. Anyway, I was ordering a cocktail called a Mojito, which is really yummy but takes ages to make. Finally it was complete and I headed back to Heidi to fill her in, she says "don't look now but he's following you!" When he approached the table I told him as quickly as I could that I was in fact married but the beautiful Heidi was single, and he very appropriately turned his full charm to Heidi. Anyway, that's not the good bit, after a few minutes of slurred attempts at conversation I see this woman approach from behind out of nowhere and slap this guy, and I mean hard, across that face. He looks up as if he's never seen her before, she storms off, and he continues to chat up Heidi. We convinced him that it may be for the best if he went after her, thankfully he agreed. The night carried on until about half past two, when I begged to be allowed to go home, those girls would have gone all night. I'm actually not even going to try to explain the experience of going to the nightclub after the grapevine bar because there are no words. Never have I seen so many openly gauping guys and women with quite so much breast exposed - seriously there are no words except to say I vow never to go back there again!!

No comments: